Progressive Reinforcement Training
Progressive Reinforcement Training is a way to teach and modify behavior that doesn’t involve any forms of intentional physical or psychological intimidation. This way of teaching furthers an evolutionary progress toward a more compassionate relationship between humans and animals. Please read the complete manifesto housed on https://progressivereinforcementtraining.com/ which goes into more detail about the principles as well as how to apply them.
Progressive Reinforcement Training essentially means teaching by reinforcing and training desired behaviors, interrupting and preventing undesirable behaviors without the intentional use of physical or psychological intimidation and taking into consideration the learner’s physical health and emotional state. Educating oneself with the goal of employing humane, effective training based on the latest scientific evidence.
Progressive Reinforcement Training means:
1) Teaching and reinforcing desirable behaviors so they will be more likely to occur in the future.
2) Preventing and interrupting undesirable behaviors without the intentional use of physical or psychological intimidation.
3) Taking the learner’s physical and emotional wellbeing into account.
4) Continuing to educate oneself with the goal of employing humane, effective training based on the latest scientific evidence.
A commitment to Progressive Reinforcement Training means strictly following all of the above principles not just in training sessions but during 100% of the time spent with the animal.
Progressive Reinforcement Training does not mean:
1) The intentional use of physical or psychological intimidation.
2) Intentionally disregarding the learner’s physical and emotional wellbeing.
3) Holding uncompassionate goals for your training.